Address: 2 Meridian Road, Eatontown, NJ 07724
Advantage Career Institute offers medical coding certification training in the form a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist with Electronic Health Records program. This course deals with common medical coding standards such as ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS, as well as teaching proper procedures for patient record-keeping, form submission and medical billing.
If you wish to talk to a college advisor about the medical billing training on offer at this West Long Branch, NJ school, please call 888-320-8278. Alternatively click the link below to fill out a quick form to request program, financial aid and admissions info:
Medical Billing & Coding Specialist: Program Overview
- Anatomy & Physiology/Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of the body systems, their structures and functions
- ICD-9-CM Coding
- CPT Coding (Current Procedural Terminology)
- HCPCS: a national coding system that classifies billing of durable medical equipment and supplies
- Basics of medical insurance
- Insurance terminology, insurance products, contracts and general insurance procedures
- Legalities and ethical behavior
- CMS-1500 completion and submission
- Electronic submissions of bills using Medisoft
- Medical Practice Management
- Administrative duties and assistance with clerical tasks
- MS Word, MS Excel, answering phones, greeting patients, scheduling appointments, office bookkeeping
This school is approved by the New Jersey Department of Education and New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Additionally, the school is a member and approved test site for the American Medical Billing Association.
Financial assistance is available for those students who qualify and flexible class times are on offer to suit the needs of the student.
832 total views, 1 so far today