Address: 1819 Emmet St N. Charlottesville, VA 22901
Founded in 1979, the Charlottesville campus of National College is home to a Medical Billing and Coding diploma program. The course covers CPT-Coding and ICD Coding, billing practices as well as the professional and ethical responsibilities involved in this field.
Medical Billing and Coding Diploma: Program Overview
- Introduction to CPT-Coding
- Introduction to ICD Coding
- Advanced ICD Coding
- Introduction to Medical Insurance Billing Practices
- Advanced CPT Coding and Introduction to 3rd Party Reimbrsement and HIPPA
- Medicare and Medical Reimbursements
- Terminology of Body Systems
- Terminology of Body Support
- Anatomy and Physiology: Systems of Transport and Support
- Anatomy and Physiology: Body Control Systems
Graduates of this medical coding program can apply to take a certification exam as a Medical Biller through the American Association of Medical Billers (AAMB) or as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H). This will give you the best chance to securing jobs in the healthcare industry.
Externships are available to medical billing students, allowing them to build career experience. Combined with small class sizes and flexible learning times, students at the Charlottesville campus can get a comprehensive education in this growing field. Additionally, students who qualify may receive financial aid.
793 total views, 1 so far today